Updated April 12, 2022
We care. We’re flexible. We cannot wait to see you.
We have evolved our standards further to reassure you, our valued guests, that we are taking your safety seriously and that we care.
Please have a scroll below to find more information on our rigorous health and safety measures and our updated flexible booking policies.
Stringent health & safety protocols In line with The Belize Tourism Board, The Ministry of Health of Belize, CDC and WHO
Housekeeping and turndown service daily
Hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel
Private access to all rooms
Private transport to and from the airport
Social distancing measures in place
Flexible booking policies
Regular guest and employee health checks
Limited hotel capacity – with only 12 rooms and 7200 private acres to explore
These are just some measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of you, our loyal and valued guests. However if you would like to know more, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Belize Travel Health and Safety Guidelines
The following are some guidelines to help you prepare for your trip and know what to expect when you arrive in Belize.
Before Your Visit
- Effective February 15th, 2022, all visitors to Belize are required to purchase Belize Travel Health Insurance. We recommend to buy your Belize Travel Insurance online prior to arrival to avoid long wait at the airport.
- Fully vaccinated travelers no longer require a negative test but must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport, land borders or seaports. If unable to show proof or if unvaccinated, the traveler (adults & children 5 and older) must present proof of a negative PCR result taken within 72 hours of arrival or a negative Antigen Rapid test taken within 48 hours of arrival. A test can be administered by the Ministry responsible for health at the airport. COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger.
- Follow all protocols of airlines and airport in original city.
Immigration and Customs:
- International tourists must book a stay at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation at immigration.
- Immigration check. Maintain 6 ft. social distancing.
- Guest proceed to baggage claim.
- Guest proceed to customs. Place bags on luggage scanners.
During your Stay in Belize:
- Facemask mandates are now lifted in Belize, however, to protect yourself and others, it is advised to continue practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene.
- You are able to explore the destination on your own, but highly encouraged to remain within the Safe Corridor and utilize Gold Standard facilities and services. A list of Gold Standard entities can be found here https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
- We’ll be happy to organize on-site experiences that will provide a taste of local culture and food, and also explore Belize’s natural wonders such as Maya Ruins, caves to name a few, with our certified licensed tour guide.
Departure from Belize:
To meet the new CDC Guidelines, the Belize Tourism Board along with the Belize Ministry of Health & Wellness have boosted testing sites which now includes one at the Belize International Airport. If guests prefer to do their test at the airport, it is advised they arrival at the airport 4 hours prior to their flight time.
Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve would be happy to arrange your appointments if you are returning home after checking out from the lodge. The antigen test can be accommodated on-site or off-site.
Here is a list of testing sites throughout Belize Ministry of Health & Wellness Approved Testing Sites | TravelBelize.org