Updated May 12th, 2021
We care. We’re flexible. We cannot wait to see you.
Now more than ever, as we prepare to reopen our doors, the health and well-being of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority and we’re making every effort to create the safest enjoyable experience for everyone visiting us in our little slice of paradise.
We have evolved our standards further to reassure you, our valued guests, that we are taking your safety seriously and that we care.
Please have a scroll below to find more information on our rigorous health and safety measures and our updated flexible booking policies.
Stringent health & safety protocols In line with The Belize Tourism Board, The Ministry of Health of Belize, CDC and WHO
Housekeeping and turndown service daily
Hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel
Private access to all rooms
Private transport to and from the airport
Social distancing measures in place
Flexible booking policies
Regular guest and employee health checks
Limited hotel capacity – with only 12 rooms and 7200 private acres to explore
These are just some measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of you, our loyal and valued guests. However if you would like to know more, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Belize Travel Health and Safety Guidelines
The following are some guidelines to help you prepare for your trip and know what to expect when you arrive in Belize.
Before Your Visit
- Travelers entering the country are no longer required to download and complete the Belize Travel Health App prior to arrival in Belize.
- Belize is now accepting proof of full COVID-19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival, as well as negative COVID-19 PCR TEST taken within 96 hours of travel and negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT (Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel.
- Follow all protocols of airlines and airport in original city.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane – wearing a face mask – and proceed to health screening.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a PCR test, you must proceed to the testing area where you’ll be required to take a COVID rapid test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00.
- Proceed to Immigration and Customs, and then exit the airport via the Safe Corridor using approved air or ground transportation. You will receive your test results here at our Gold Standard hotel via the Ministry of Health.
- A positive test result will require you to isolate and will thereafter be transferred by health officials to an approved quarantine facility for a minimum of 14-days (at your own expense) or until the Ministry of Health provides clearance.
Immigration and Customs:
- International tourists must book a stay at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation at immigration.
- Immigration check. Maintain 6 ft. social distancing.
- Guest proceed to baggage claim.
- Guest proceed to customs. Place bags on luggage scanners.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you’re advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene, to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
- During this initial phase of re-opening, while on our property you will enjoy our full service amenities (restaurant, bar, pool, and onsite activities).
- You are able to explore the destination on your own, but highly encouraged to remain within the Safe Corridor and utilize Gold Standard facilities and services. A list of Gold Standard entities can be found here https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
- We’ll be happy to organize on-site experiences that will provide a taste of local culture and food, and also explore Belize’s natural wonders such as Maya Ruins, caves to name a few, with our certified licensed tour guide.
Departure from Belize:
To meet the new CDC Guidelines, the Belize Tourism Board along with the Belize Ministry of Health & Wellness have boosted testing sites which now includes one at the Belize International Airport. If guests prefer to do their test at the airport, it is advised they arrival at the airport 4 hours prior to their flight time.
Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve would be happy to arrange your appointments if you are returning home after checking out from the lodge. The antigen test can be accommodated on-site or off-site.
Here is a list of testing sites throughout Belize Ministry of Health & Wellness Approved Testing Sites | TravelBelize.org