Effective date: December 23, 2021
Hidden Valley Inn Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to safeguarding your privacy and want you to be familiar with how we collect, disclose and otherwise use information about you.
We use your data to provide you with a good experience on our website (“the service”) and where necessary to improve the service.
By using the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Credit card account number
- Names of items you purchase from us
- Verification of your age being over 18, where applicable
- Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code
Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Hidden Valley Inn Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
- Deliver our products and services to you – such as completing your reservations, sending you reservation confirmations, supplying the purchased goods and services, registering you for program membership, fulfilling a request for information, customizing our services to your preferences, earning and redeeming rewards, keeping proper records of your transactions with us
- Communicate and provide marketing and promotion to you – such as sending you information and updates on our products and services and other products and services that we think may be of interests to you, including latest promotions, competitions, joint- and cross promotions with our business partners, response to enquiries, to send you important information regarding our website, changes to our terms, conditions and policies
- Develop and improve our services to you – such as performing market research, analytics and/or profiling, developing new products and services, improve the effectiveness of our website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and promotional activities
- Work and cooperate with third party parties to deliver our products and services to you – such as travel agents, group travel organization, or anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements, credit card companies, airline operators and third-party loyalty programs
- Maintain your safety and security as well as that of other guests and personnel – such as to make proper identification and verification in processing of transaction, implement security surveillance and access controls when you visit or stay at our hotels, and administer general record keeping
- Meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent
Retention of Data
Hidden Valley Inn Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Hidden Valley Inn Limited may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Hidden Valley Inn Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Hidden Valley Inn
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
How do we protect your information?
We maintain commercially reasonable security safeguards that are designed to protect the Personal Data we collect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee or warrant that your Personal Data is under absolute security with the existing security technology. We will review, monitor and update these security measures to meet our business needs, changes in technology and regulatory requirements.
Hidden Valley Inn Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Hidden Valley Inn Limited. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If we cannot verify your identity, we are not obligated to provide you or your Authorized Agent information regarding your Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Other Relevant Information
Social Media Plug-ins. One of the features of our Site is that it uses what are called social plugins (“plugins”) from the social networks Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp and Instagram. These plugins are indicated by the respective logo of the social network. When you access our Site, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The content of the plugin is transferred by the social network directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the Site.
Integration of the plugin causes Facebook, for example, to receive the information that you have loaded on the corresponding page of our Site. If you are logged in with Facebook, it will be able to assign your visit to your Facebook account. Please note that an exchange of this information already takes place when you visit our Site, regardless of whether you interact with the plugin or not. If you interact with the plugins, such as by pressing the ‘Like’ button, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there. You can find information on the purpose and extent of data acquisition as well as how the data is processed further and used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your private sphere, in the data protection notes of the social networks.
If you do not want incorporated social networks to gather data about you via our Site, you must log out on the respective domain of the social network before visiting our Site. If you wish to prevent information being exchanged with the above-mentioned social networks during your visit to our Site, you can opt out of cookies through your browser settings and other tools.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 14 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 14. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: +501 832-8055
- Write to us at P.O. Box 170, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
For Residents in the European Union/European Economic Area, the following can be done:
- Access: The right to request access to your Personal Data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and information related to how it is processed. We will usually share this information with you within one (1) month of you asking us for it.
- Rectify or Erase: The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- Restrict: The right to obtain a restriction of processing concerning your Personal Data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your Personal Data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data).
- Object: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances, including objecting to processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, or objecting to processing your Personal Data when it is done based upon legitimate interests.
- Data Portability: The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your Personal Data transmitted from us to you or another controller.
- Consent: Where we process your Personal Data based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future. Any requests related to the above rights may be made by contacting us as set forth under Contact Us.
- Complaint: If you think we have not complied with a data protection law, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
For California Residents
If you are a resident of California, California law provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Data. These include:
- Information about Collection, Sale or Disclosure: The right to be informed of the categories of Personal Data that we collect about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the Personal Data is used, disclosed, or sold, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Data.
- Access to Specific Information: The right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past twelve (12) months. We will usually share this information with you within sixty (60) days of you asking us for it.
- Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Data that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Personal Data Sales Opt-Out Rights: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. However, Hidden Valley Inn Limited does not engage in the sale of Personal Data.
- Non-Discrimination: Hidden Valley Inn Limited does not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under CCPA or applicable law, including discrimination in the form of: denying you goods or services; charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing you a different level of quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
- Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with us are entitled to ask us for a notice describing the types of personal customer information we have shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. That notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.